DWI charge for NY man asleep in car at drive-thru
When troopers arrived at the fast-food restaurant they found the 32-year-old driver sleeping at the wheel with the engine running
NEWSTEAD, N.Y. — You want a wake-up call with that?
State police say troopers were called to a western New York McDonald's last weekend for a report of a man asleep behind the wheel of a car in the drive-thru lane.
When troopers arrived at the fast-food restaurant in the Erie County town of Newstead at about 2 a.m. Saturday, they found the 32-year-old driver sleeping at the wheel of his car with the engine running.
The troopers woke him up and gave him sobriety tests, which he failed. Police say he was charged with driving while intoxicated for having a blood-alcohol content of 0.14 percent, nearly twice the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
Troopers say the man lives in Newstead, a rural town 20 miles east of Buffalo.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman