Video: Mo. officers rescue deer trapped on bridge
The officer got the doe to walk alongside him, using his baton as a guide, to get her off the bridge to safety
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Dashcam video captured two Kansas City police officers rescuing a trapped, scared deer that lost its footing on rain-slicked pavement during a thunderstorm.
Officer Jason Rains spotted the deer as he was driving on Blue River Road about 7:45 a.m Sunday. Rains followed to make sure she wasn’t hit by a car.
“She was just lying there, shaking,” Rains said in a release. “Her leg was caught in one of those drainage holes on the bridge. It was her entire leg, all the way to her body.” With lightning flashing and rain pouring, Rains freed the doe’s leg.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman