Officer, suspect wounded in Ark. shootout, 4 arrested
Officer Barry Kingston suffered a graze wound on the right leg in the exchange of gunfire
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Four people were taken into custody Sunday night at a Little Rock home where gunfire was exchanged with police officers, authorities said.
About 9:45 p.m. Sunday, police received a 911 call reporting that two people were taking pictures of themselves holding long guns on the porch of the home at 1001 S. Monroe St., according to a statement by Little Rock police spokesman Sgt. Cassandra Davis.
When officers arrived, they saw two black men run inside the house and then heard gunshots from near the house, police said. Kingston and Hollister returned fire, and once the gunfire stopped, three men and one woman — Vandorian Pittman, 22; Jamye Clayton, 20; Roxcena Smith, 42; and Etavious Smith, 19 — emerged from the home and were arrested, police said.
Clayton had been shot in the foot, and Officer Barry Kingston suffered a graze wound on the right leg, authorities said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help