Police: Suspect reached in cop's mouth, pulling on jaw
The officer suffered cuts inside his mouth that required stitches
By Bill Wichert
MANVILLE, N.J. — A Raritan Borough man has been accused of reaching into a police officer's mouth and pulling on the officer's jaw during the man's arrest Sunday in Manville, court documents state.
Kareem Boyd, 29, is facing resisting arrest and aggravated assault charges in connection with the incident at about 1:15 p.m. at a West Camplain Road residence, according to an affidavit filed on Monday in Superior Court in Somerville.
During the assault, Boyd “reached inside Patrolman Ryan Steier’s mouth and pulled on his jaw,” the affidavit states. Steier suffered cuts inside his mouth and had to receive stitches, according to the affidavit.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police