Video: Mich. police shoot deer in headlights
An officer shot the deer at point blank range after concluding that the still animal must have been injured
By Andrea Isom
My fox Detroit
Michigan — Michigan State Police tells Fox 2 they are aware of a video circulating the Internet, which shows a trooper shooting an injured deer in the head at point blank range.
The shooting happened after several attempts to get the deer to move out of the way. The video shows troopers flashing their lights at the deer and driving the police cruiser at a slow speed towards the animal. This went on for several minutes.
MSP spokesperson Lt. Mike Shaw tells Fox 2 the deer was injured and could have darted out into the roadway and caused a traffic accident.
MSP is investigating where the incident happened and which troopers are involved. Shaw says at this point in the investigation the troopers do not appear to have done anything unlawful.
Reprinted with permission from My Fox Detroit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police