Video: NJ cop pulls man from burning truck
Scott Krissinger, a 6-year-veteran, raced to the flaming truck and pulled the driver to safety, then checked for more victims
By Richard Degener
Press of Atlantic City
CAPE MAY, N.J. — A local police officer pulled an unconscious man from his burning pickup truck Monday night and likely saved his life, officials said.
A dashboard camera on Patrolman Scott Krissinger’s police cruiser showed he reacted quickly when the truck caught fire on Sunset Boulevard a few minutes after 6 p.m.
Krissinger pulled Gerald K. Ferrill, 61, of Mays Landing, to safety while flames engulfed the truck. After getting Ferrill out he then ran back to make sure there were no passengers. Ferrill was airlifted to Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Pennsylvania. Sheehan said he is in critical but stable condition.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy