Robbers hold up Ore. bank with detectives inside
Robbery detectives arrested the two men as they attempted to escape
PORTLAND, Ore. — Detectives investigating a string of weekend bank robberies in Oregon were in the right place at the right time.
The investigators were at a bank inside a Fred Meyer store in Portland Tuesday evening when two men held up the institution.
Robbery detectives arrested the two men as they attempted to escape. Police say the banks in the weekend robberies were held up by a man with a threatening note. The amount of money taken was not disclosed.
Twenty-nine-year-old Ryan Joseph Beisley and 20-year-old Travis David Johnson were arrested and jailed pending formal bank robbery charges.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic