Robbers hold up Ore. bank with detectives inside
Robbery detectives arrested the two men as they attempted to escape
PORTLAND, Ore. — Detectives investigating a string of weekend bank robberies in Oregon were in the right place at the right time.
The investigators were at a bank inside a Fred Meyer store in Portland Tuesday evening when two men held up the institution.
Robbery detectives arrested the two men as they attempted to escape. Police say the banks in the weekend robberies were held up by a man with a threatening note. The amount of money taken was not disclosed.
Twenty-nine-year-old Ryan Joseph Beisley and 20-year-old Travis David Johnson were arrested and jailed pending formal bank robbery charges.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman