Truckers help police catch drunk wrong-way driver
The suspect nearly hit a police officer, who lost site of the suspect but caught up after the truckers followed the vehicle
HOUSTON — Wrecker drivers helped Houston police officers catch a suspected drunk driver who was traveling the wrong way on the freeway early Monday.
An HPD officer spotted a Cadillac driving the wrong way on 610 near Ella around 4 a.m. The driver almost hit the police officer, who ended up losing sight of him, but wrecker drivers who were hearing it all on police scanners sprang into action.
“He ended up turning around and going the right way on the freeway and that is when we caught up to him and we just followed him over here until the officers caught up to him,” said Joshua Damon. The driver is facing DWI charges.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter