Cops: Drunk woman smoking cigarette backwards had child, beer in car
Christy Bostic-Petrain was charged with DUI and child neglect
Palm Beach Post
VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. — Florida woman is being held in jail without bail Tuesday, after deputies said she drove while drunk with a child in the car.
Deputies said they arrested Christy Bostic-Petrain, 38, of New Smyrna Beach, Fla., Monday morning. She was charged with DUI and child neglect, authorities said.
Deputies said they thought she was intoxicated when they saw her fumbling with her seat belt and smoking a cigarette backwards.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court