Woman grabs thief's gun, leads cops to suspect
A woman noticed two men struggling in the street and grabbed the gun and led police to the suspected robber
By Renee Tessman
MINNEAPOLIS — Cammy McGraw did everything police say you should not do. She came upon the armed robbery, jumped in to help, and then went after 23-year-old Jesse Scott Johnson of Arden Hills.
McGraw is being hailed a hero. She was on her way to yoga class last Saturday when she saw two men struggling near the intersection of Central and 23rd Avenue NE in Minneapolis. Their struggle came into her traffic lane.
McGraw grabbed the handgun and then other people came over to see what was going on. So with the suspect's gun in her hand, McGraw followed him, giving a detailed description to the 911 dispatcher, eventually earning the praise of Minneapolis Police.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform