Philly police go undercover in Saints gear at playoff game
During the last home game against Chicago, 15 fans were arrested and 68 were ejected for unruly behavior
By David Henry
PHILADELPHIA — Philadelphia Eagles fans are bursting with excitement and anticipation of Saturday night's game. But the police and stadium security are hoping they'll channel that energy properly during the game or else.
"Unruly, rude, threatening behavior, it's simply not going to be tolerated and you're going to be ejected from the stadium or arrested," Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Joe Sullivan told Action News Thursday.
During the last home game against Chicago, 15 fans were arrested and 68 were ejected. The police have a lot of eyes and ears in the stadium and some will be in disguise. They'll be wearing New Orleans Saints jerseys and hats. So, be careful who you pick on.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert