SHOT Show 2014: New gear from 5.11 Tactical
The company debuts stretchy tactical pants in urban color scheme Storm Gray, new running shoes
Greetings again from SHOT Show 2014! Today’s catch phrase is Storm Gray. This is the new color that 5.11 Tactical has released, and it is most appropriate for the urban officer.
Think about it: Black, camouflage, and several other color schemes really don’t work in some environments.
5.11 Tactical is celebrating the tenth year of their first catalog launch. From the beginning, the original 5.11 Tactical Pant was comfy, and I had a pair for special details. My new favorite is the Taclite Pro Pant, which is a lightweight, breathable pant of similar design.
The new fabrics have come a long way. They are stretchy, which allows for great maneuverability.
5.11 Tactical also released the Pursuit Series of footwear. They have a broad toe box, nylon shank, and a neutral toe drop for a real running shoe feel. They look more like casual shoes than tactical wear. Isn’t that the idea?
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman