Mass. cop shot during attempted drug bust
The officer's injuries are not believed to be life-threatening; the gunman was arrested on attempted murder charges
By Gal Tziperman Lotan
NEW BEDFORD, Mass. — A police officer executing a search warrant for drugs was shot at a New Bedford apartment Friday night, police said. Two men inside the apartment were arrested; two other men and a woman were subpoenaed.
The officer’s injuries are not life-threatening, according to Detective Lieutenant Joao Chaves.
As officers hit the door, which was barricaded with a security bar, Nathan Manuel-Jackson, 20, of New Bedford, started shooting at them from inside the apartment, police said. One officer was hit; the rest took cover and called for backup.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help