Mass. man has 'winning' speeding excuse
A Mass. man busted for speeding had a pretty good excuse when he was pulled over: He had just won a big lottery prize and was on his way to collect his cash
HINGHAM, Mass. — A Massachusetts man busted for speeding had a pretty good excuse when he was pulled over: He had just won a big lottery prize and was on his way to collect his cash.
It turns out Thursday was 22-year-old Scott Lowe's lucky day in more ways than one. The officer who pulled him over in Hingham issued a verbal warning and urged him to drive safely.
Lowe, of Rockland, told the officer he was speeding because he had won $50,000 on a scratch-off ticket and was on his way to Massachusetts State Lottery headquarters in Braintree to collect his winnings.
WCVB-TV reports that police say Lowe was shaking, and showed the officer his winning ticket.
After the warning, he went on his way and claimed his prize.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds