NY cop suffers major injuries after hit, dragged by ATV
The cop was shoved off the vehicle then run over as the driver escaped
By PoliceOne Staff
BROOKLYN — A Brooklyn police officer suffered multiple injuries after the driver of an ATV was pulled over for reckless driving then sped off, dragging the officer more than 60 yards.
The officer, who has not been identified, suffered a broken nose and broken vertebra among other injuries after he was dragged, then run over by the quad as the suspect fled the scene, according to New York Daily News.
Cops initially arrested a 23-year-old man and charged him with attempted murder of a police officer, but shortly after the department stated they had the wrong man.
“I looked out my window and I saw a cop on the ground, bleeding from his face,” a witness told sources.
The officer was treated at a nearby hospital and is in stable condition, according to the report.
The suspect is still at large.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests