Electric Fan Engineering announces body cooling device
The THERMAL STAR cools the body through waist-mounted air discharge nozzles, which can attach to spiral tubes and be worn over or under clothing
By PoliceOne Staff
The device cools the body through waist-mounted air discharge nozzles, which also can be attached to spiral air distribution tubes that can be worn over or under clothing.
The device cools the body through a high-output fan that connects to outlet ducts that discharge air from waist-mounted nozzles. The nozzles also can be attached to spiral air distribution tubes that can be placed over clothing, or directly against the body.
The air from the nozzles or tubes creates a cooling effect by evaporating the body’s moisture from perspiration.
The device is battery-operated and weighs less than 2 pounds. It will be manufactured domestically and a cost has not yet been determined, the company said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help