NY judge arrested for DUI on way to court
The judge had previously worked in the drunken driving bureau of the Monroe County DA’s office
By PoliceOne Staff
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — New York State Police arrested a judge after a single-vehicle accident revealed she was driving while intoxicated, 13WHAM reported.
Leticia Astacio was scheduled to sit on the bench Feb. 13 when she crashed her car.
"When troopers arrived, they conducted an investigation and arrested Leticia Astacio,” Lt. Jon Lupo told the publication. “She was charged with driving while intoxicated.”
Astacio had previously worked in the drunken driving bureau of the Monroe County DA’s office before being elected as a judge two years ago, the Democrat & Chronicle reported.
The incident was under investigation. Astacio was scheduled to appear in court next month.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds