Video: The importance of utilizing your safety
There are some individuals out there who say, ‘I don’t need to use my safety...’ or ‘My brain is the only safety switch I need...’ Unfortunately, there are still too many incidents in training and out on the streets in which an accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm — which could have been prevented had the safety switch been set to the ‘safe’ position — has injured or even killed an officer. In this video tactical tip, PoliceOne Contributor Kyle Lamb talks a little about the importance of utilizing your safety switch in training and in operations.
- Officer Safety
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman