Video: Using social networks for departmental PR
The whole area of ‘social networking’ often gets a pretty bad rap with police officers, but there are some benefits to be culled from this online universe. Used with care and precision, you can reach out and touch the community you serve in a way that reflects positively on your department. In this video tip, PoliceOne Columnist Betsy Brantner Smith discusses some of the specific tactics you can use to leverage this technology — because it is certainly not going away anytime soon!
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman