Will to Win: Lance Shipman (Part 1)
Imagine being engaged in a violent physical confrontation and then all of a sudden, you find yourself looking down the barrel of your own firearm! And to make matters worse, an angry crowd is shouting for your assailant to shoot... On January 22nd, 2008, Corporal Lance Shipman attempted to stop a vehicle as it exited a neighborhood known for high crime and drug activity. In the first part of this three-part series, hear Corporal Shipman explain how he ended up in this perilous situation.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house