Mich. towns end talks, won't add sheriff's deputy
By Sharon Sturdevant
The Kalamazoo Gazette
GUN PLAIN TOWNSHIP — Talk of three area municipalities working with Gun Plain Township to seek grant funds to hire another sheriff's deputy to patrol the region has ended amid growing economic pressures.
"Gun Plain even looked at funding the whole cost ourselves, but we just can't afford to do it," township Supervisor Mike VanDenBerg said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy