Mich. towns end talks, won't add sheriff's deputy
By Sharon Sturdevant
The Kalamazoo Gazette
GUN PLAIN TOWNSHIP — Talk of three area municipalities working with Gun Plain Township to seek grant funds to hire another sheriff's deputy to patrol the region has ended amid growing economic pressures.
"Gun Plain even looked at funding the whole cost ourselves, but we just can't afford to do it," township Supervisor Mike VanDenBerg said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms