Grants will help Mass. cops combat crime
By Conor Berry
The Berkshire Eagle
Two Berkshire police departments plan to use federal crime-fighting funds procured through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to deter gang violence and to hire a new police officer.
The grants, totaling $369,415, will help combat crime in Pittsfield and North Adams, the county s only two cities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Grants will help Mass. cops combat crime
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic