Calif. mayoral candidates clash on merging police departments
By Joshua Melvin
San Mateo County Times
SAN BRUNO, Calif. The two candidates running for mayor have widely differing views on how the city should deal with the recession and what impact the current discussions of merging San Bruno's police department with several others could have on public safety.
Candidate Jim Ruane, 62, said during a recent editorial board meeting at the San Mateo County Times office that the city has a number of construction projects and new business openings coming down the pike which will help San Bruno recover.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman