Rapid recruiting boosts Atlanta PD ranks
Department grows as economy lags — mayor says hiring will continue
By Bill Rankin
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — More than a decade ago, the mantra at City Hall was 2,000 by 2000 --- the number of sworn Atlanta police officers who would be on the force by the turn of the millennium. But the city never came close to that.
Today, the more realistic goal is 2,000 by the end of 2012, and if the Atlanta Police Department's recruiting campaign continues its pace of hiring, the force may finally reach that level.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Rapid recruiting boosts Atlanta PD ranks
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman