Calif. cops to give up $1 million in benefits
Concessions could stave off layoffs and save the department 16 jobs
By Darrell R. Santschi
The Riverside Press-Enterprise
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — The union representing Colton police officers is offering $1 million in wage and benefit concessions in hopes of staving off layoffs that could cost the department 16 jobs.
Colton Police Officers Association spokesman Rich Randolph said the union expected to present its offer to city officials Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. cops to give up $1 million in benefits
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman