NJ discusses help for soon-decimated Camden police
Among possibilities being considered are deploying officers from the Camden County Sheriff's Office and the Park Police to supplement city patrols
By James Osborne
The Philadelphia Inquirer
CAMDEN, N.J. — Camden city and county officials met Monday to discuss assisting Camden police — possibly with increased involvement by the county Sheriff's Office and Park Police — when the city lays off up to half of its law enforcement officers Jan. 18.
The New Jersey State Police, which maintains a presence in the city, will monitor the situation in Camden and send in more troopers if needed, said Paul Loriquet, spokesman for the state Attorney General's Office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy