Committee: Use cops to staff new Los Angeles jail
A city panel signed off Monday on a plan to reassign 83 LAPD officers to work as jailers at new Metropolitan Detention Center
The Daily News of Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES — DILEMA: City hasn't been able to open detention center because of civilian hiring freeze.
Hoping to get the new Metropolitan Detention Center up and running by the end of January, a city panel signed off Monday on a plan to reassign 83 LAPD officers to work as jailers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman