Dozens ask Pa. sheriff: Where's our money?
Three aides to the Sheriff's Office were fired last week and the city controller is hiring forensic auditors
By Bob Warner
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Dozens of people who are owed money by the Philadelphia Sheriff's Office have been waiting for months or even years to recover the proceeds from real-estate sales, with no coherent explanations for what's taking so long.
It's another sign of the financial wreckage at the Sheriff's Office, where three top aides were fired last week and the city controller is hiring forensic auditors, trying to document what happened to millions of dollars in auction receipts.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Dozens ask Pa. sheriff: Where's our money?
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy