Dozens ask Pa. sheriff: Where's our money?
Three aides to the Sheriff's Office were fired last week and the city controller is hiring forensic auditors
By Bob Warner
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Dozens of people who are owed money by the Philadelphia Sheriff's Office have been waiting for months or even years to recover the proceeds from real-estate sales, with no coherent explanations for what's taking so long.
It's another sign of the financial wreckage at the Sheriff's Office, where three top aides were fired last week and the city controller is hiring forensic auditors, trying to document what happened to millions of dollars in auction receipts.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Dozens ask Pa. sheriff: Where's our money?
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help