SF police brass cash in big in retirement
"We have no discretion on vacation payouts. They are mandatory under state law," said a city representative
By Phillip Matier and Andrew Ross
The San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — In the game of megabuck public paychecks, outgoing San Francisco police brass are hauling away the gold.
New city records show that former Police Chief Heather Fong - who retired in 2009 - received a grand total of $528,595 in her final year.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: SF police brass cash in big in retirement
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help