SF police brass cash in big in retirement
"We have no discretion on vacation payouts. They are mandatory under state law," said a city representative
By Phillip Matier and Andrew Ross
The San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — In the game of megabuck public paychecks, outgoing San Francisco police brass are hauling away the gold.
New city records show that former Police Chief Heather Fong - who retired in 2009 - received a grand total of $528,595 in her final year.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: SF police brass cash in big in retirement
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman