Atlanta trooper's death raises questions about high case-dismissal rate
A man who shot an officer walked out of court days earlier in a car-break-in case because the arresting officer failed to testify in court
By Steve Visser
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — 'Rocket docket' dismissed 40 percent of cases in 2010.
Jonathan English is scheduled for trial today on the Fulton County Superior Court "rocket docket." He hopes, like in many rocket-docket cases, it will be dismissed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper