NC sheriff gets 40 new souped-up cruisers
The department bought 39 full-size Dodge Chargers and a Chevrolet Tahoe PPV for the K-9 unit
By Joe Killian
News & Record
GREENSBORO, NC — Guilford County Sheriff BJ Barnes couldn't be happier about getting a new fleet of patrol cars for his deputies.
"They run like scalded dogs," Barnes said of the 39 full-size Police Pursuit Dodge Chargers that the Guilford County commissioners have authorized him to buy to replace the department's aging fleet.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NC sheriff gets 40 new souped-up cruisers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic