New pay mode pitched for Texas deputies
Commissioners are expected to vote next week on the proposal, which officials hope will save at least $2.8 million
By Kevin Krause
THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS
DALLAS — Dallas County commissioners said Tuesday they want to cut 10 sheriff warrant deputy positions and have 20 deputy constables attempt to pay for themselves by targeting ticket scofflaws who owe the county money.
When the 20 deputy constables can no longer generate enough revenue, those positions also will be cut, under the plan worked out in an afternoon budget session.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New pay mode pitched for Texas deputies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy