Town in Calif. opens new police station
"This is truly a community police station that belongs to the citizens of Signal Hill"
By Pamela Hale-Burns
The Long Beach Press Telegram
SIGNAL HILL, Calif. — The Signal Hill Police Department celebrated the grand opening of its new station and Emergency Operations Center on Saturday.
Several dignitaries were on hand for the opening, including Long Beach Police Chief Jim McDonnell and Rep. Alan Lowenthal, D-Long Beach, who presented his first certificate of special recognition since his recent election to Congress.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Town in Calif. opens new police station
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court