Safe rooms at police stations could be lifesavers
A nearly two-decade old shooting highlighted the need for stations to have safe rooms that are rarely used for anything else
By Lori Kurtzman
The Columbus Dispatch
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio. — The last time Debbie Butsko could walk, she ran.
Her husband was right behind her. Charles Vonschriltz had a gun, and he didn't care where they were.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation