NM police dept. cracks down on dishonesty
New policy allows first instance of untruthfulness related to jobs or 'operations of the department' to result in anything from one-day suspension to termination
By Jeff Proctor
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Police officials in Albuquerque have always had some discretion in the discipline of officers who lie in response to job-related questions - more discretion than at departments such as Denver and Tucson where the presumptive penalty is termination, even on a first offense.
Now, APD brass has an even broader range of options.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NM police dept. cracks down on dishonesty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman