Senator pushes for NYPD's Kelly to lead DHS
The agency's leader "needs to be someone who knows law enforcement, understands anti-terrorism efforts, and is a top-notch administrator"
By Geoff Earle
The New York Post
WASHINGTON — Janet Napolitano is leaving her job as head of Homeland Security, and Sen. Charles Schumer is pushing President Obama to replace her with NYPD boss Ray Kelly.
Napolitano, the former Arizona governor, is leaving to run the sprawling University of California system, the Obama administration announced yesterday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Senator pushes for NYPD's Kelly to lead DHS
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert