NYPD, Union resists order to test body cameras
It's possible that cops can't be forced to wear the extra equipment without it being first negotiated as part of their union contract
By Larry Celona , Natalie O'Neill and Georgett Roberts
The New York Post
NEW YORK — The NYPD won't implement a judge's order to outfit cops with surveillance cameras until it has a gun to its head, sources said yesterday.
And the department has an unaccustomed ally: the police union.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD, Union resists order to test body cameras
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help