Through traffic stop, vigilant N.C officer stymied suspects' escape
By Matthew Eisley, Staff Writer
The News & Observer
The confessed killer, Ezavia Allen, and his two accomplices might have gotten away if not for a young beat cop named Sarah Goree. She pulled them over in a routine traffic stop just minutes after they fled the scene of the predawn shooting outside Newkirk's home off Dacian Road in Southeast Raleigh.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms