Ga. woman dies, officer hurt in fire during rescue attempt
By Lily Gordon
A house fire Saturday night claimed the life of a Columbus woman and left a local police officer with minor injuries, authorities said.
Muscogee County Coroner James Dunnavant pronounced 36-year-old Dewona Ann Menner, of 3024 Lakeside Drive, dead at 7 p.m. from injuries sustained in the 6:30 p.m. fire. Her body was sent to the State Crime Lab in Atlanta for an autopsy.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house