Md. officer saves 9 from fire
By ARLO WAGNER
The Washington Times
Officer John Binnix was driving by the Meadow Valley complex at 3:45 a.m. when he saw flames on the roof of a two-story town house in the 19500 block of Fisher Avenue. He stopped, ran up to the home and banged on the door.
"He was driving by and saw the smoke. He decided, 'Wait. Maybe I should be sure it's safe,' " said Becky Stream, 17, who lives nearby.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. officer saves 9 from fire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help