70 Chicago officers honored for heroic efforts
"These are courageous men and women that put their lives on the line to protect the city of Chicago."
By Mary Owen, Tribune staff reporter
CHICAGO, Ill. — He was off-duty and going to pick up his son, but when Chicago Police Officer Eric O'Suoji heard gunshots in a Rogers Park train station in April 2006 he ran in that direction.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 70 Chicago officers honored for heroic efforts
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman