70 Chicago officers honored for heroic efforts
"These are courageous men and women that put their lives on the line to protect the city of Chicago."
By Mary Owen, Tribune staff reporter
CHICAGO, Ill. — He was off-duty and going to pick up his son, but when Chicago Police Officer Eric O'Suoji heard gunshots in a Rogers Park train station in April 2006 he ran in that direction.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 70 Chicago officers honored for heroic efforts
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court