Mo. cop earns honors for being 24-hour good guy
By Susan Weich ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
Copyright 2006 St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Inc.
St. Charles police Officer Michael Shipley doesn't stop being the good guy when he's off duty.
His volunteer work with area youths caught the eye of his superiors and led to his nomination as Law Enforcement Officer of the Year. Shipley will receive the award at the St. Charles Crime Stopper's 13th annual recognition dinner Thursday. Shipley's supervisor, Lt. Gary Schwendemann, said that work-wise, many officers are worthy of recognition.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mo. cop earns honors for being 24-hour good guy
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house