Fla. officer saves man from burning house
By Jerome Burdi
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — As a child, Thomas Janis wanted to be a firefighter. On Tuesday night Janis, now a West Palm Beach police officer, realized his dream when he ran into a burning building and saved a man the day before the man's birthday.
Janis, 30, on the force for three years, was conducting a traffic stop about 11:30 p.m. at Village Boulevard and Shiloh Drive when a man ran toward him.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. officer saves man from burning house
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court