Maine officer selected to run final leg with torch for Special Olympics World Games
Bangor Daily News
ROCKLAND, Maine — City traffic officer Troy Peasley has been selected by Special Olympics Maine to run the final leg of the International Law Enforcement Torch Run at the World Games in Shanghai, China.
In addition to the officers, 11 Special Olympic athletes from around the world, including Maine athlete Chris Oster, will also participate in the run.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Community Policing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman