Maine officer selected to run final leg with torch for Special Olympics World Games
Bangor Daily News
ROCKLAND, Maine — City traffic officer Troy Peasley has been selected by Special Olympics Maine to run the final leg of the International Law Enforcement Torch Run at the World Games in Shanghai, China.
In addition to the officers, 11 Special Olympic athletes from around the world, including Maine athlete Chris Oster, will also participate in the run.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court