Slain Orlando officer no stranger to peril
Officer Alfred L. Gordon Sr. was fatally shot off-duty during a robbery, the suspect remains at large.
Related: Off-duty Fla. officer killed during robbery
By Willoughby Mariano, Henry Pierson Curtis and Jim Leusner
The Orlando Sentinel
ORLANDO, Fla. — Orlando police Officer Alfred L. Gordon Sr. should have beaten the odds.
The former homicide detective had street savvy, honed by 18 years on the police force. He had the authority of a decorated U.S. Army captain who once commanded 220 soldiers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Slain Orlando officer no stranger to peril
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house