The Up-Beat: 'Human shield' cop dies saving woman and 4 more P1 posts cops loved
Here's what made PoliceOne's Facebook audience smile this week
By PoliceOne Staff
Facebook recently launched a new extension of their ‘like’ feature that allows readers to more accurately express their feelings about a story – something police officers aren’t shy about doing. Below are the most ‘loved’ posts of the week from PoliceOne's Facebook page, from a Florida deputy’s final act of heroism to a young girl’s show of support to an Ohio police department.
5. K-9 Veterans Day: NY lawmakers want to honor 4-legged heroes
Two New York lawmakers are pushing a bill that would make March 13th a day to honor the thousands of dogs who bravely serve with the military and law enforcement.
4. Video: Ill. officers save choking baby’s life
Two officers received high-praise for their quick-thinking actions that saved the life of a 19-month-old girl found unresponsive.
3. Fla. deputy acted as 'human shield' for another car in wrong-way collision
A woman credits Deputy John Robert Kotfila Jr. with saving her life after he pulled in front of her vehicle to shield her from a wrong-way driver barreling down the highway. Kotfila “died a hero,” according to the woman.
2. La. captain who left PD after viral video controversy lands new job
Clay Higgins is back! After leaving his previous agency last month in the wake of controversy over one of his many viral videos, the internet sensation was sworn in as a reserve deputy for the Lafayette city marshal Wednesday.
1. After K-9 slain, young girl sends Ohio PD her allowance for vests
After an Ohio K-9 was killed in the line of duty, the department in mourning was shocked to find a letter from an 11-year-old girl informing them that she was donating her allowance to help pay for K-9 ballistic vests.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help