Retired Ill. officer dies in fire
The Chicago Tribune
NORRIDGE, Ill. — A retired Norridge police commander died Saturday evening when a fire spread through his home in the northwest suburb, trapping him in the back where the blaze erupted, officials said.
Terry Lowery, a 28-year veteran of the Norridge Police Department, was killed in his home in the 4300 block of North Oriole Avenue at 8 p.m, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. Lowery, 64, was pronounced dead at the scene. His wife escaped through the front door, Norridge police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Retired Ill. officer dies in fire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests