Retired Ill. officer dies in fire
The Chicago Tribune
NORRIDGE, Ill. — A retired Norridge police commander died Saturday evening when a fire spread through his home in the northwest suburb, trapping him in the back where the blaze erupted, officials said.
Terry Lowery, a 28-year veteran of the Norridge Police Department, was killed in his home in the 4300 block of North Oriole Avenue at 8 p.m, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. Lowery, 64, was pronounced dead at the scene. His wife escaped through the front door, Norridge police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Retired Ill. officer dies in fire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman