Pa. LODD remembered 89 years later
By Christine Olley
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — All that's left after 89 years, since police officer Joseph T. Swierczynski's death, are some newspaper clippings, old photos and family members proud to share his last name.
The Swierczynski family gathered yesterday to honor their grandfather, great-grandfather, and great-great- grandfather, and to memorialize the spot, at 9th and Christian streets, South Philadelphia, where he gave his life in the line of duty.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. LODD remembered 89 years later
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court